In 1907, the Pierce Cycle Company was formed, separating the bicycle business from the automobile business. Percy Pierce, son of George Pierce, was the company’s president. In 1909, the first Pierce motorcycle was introduced. At $325, the 4-cylinder motorcycle was a costly alternative to the other motorcycles of the time. A one-cylinder version was added in 1910. Production continued through 1913. The Pierce Cycle Company went bankrupt in 1914.