The 1930 parade car built for the Shah of Persia. This $30,000 car had
silk upholstery, gold hardware, Siberian wolfhound fur rugs, and the royal
crest in precious jewels.
Notable Pierce-Arrow Owners
Pierce-Arrows were very expensive and their clientele
were among the most influential and wealthy people of the time. The names
below were compiled from numerous sources, including The Blue Book of
Pierce-Arrow, a 1930 factory publication.
- Hon. Charles Francis Adams - Secretary of the Navy, Washington, D.C.
- Max Adler - Vice-President, Sears, Roebuck & Co., Chicago, Ill.
- King Albert of Belgium
- Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle - Silent Movie Comic
- M.H. Aylesworth - President, National Broadcasting Co., New York City
- Stephen Baker - President, Bank of Manhattan Co, New York City
- W.S. Bartholomew - Vice-President - Westinghouse Air Brake Co., Pittsburgh,
- Edward S. Beck - Managing Editor, Chicago Tribune, Chicago, Ill.
- Max F. Bishop - 2nd Baseman, Philadelphia Athletics Baseball Team
- Hon. David H. Blair - Commissioner of United States Internal Revenue
- P.D. Block - President, Inland Steel Co., Chicago, Ill.
- Mabel T. Boardman - Secretary, American Red Cross, Washington, D.C.
- Hon. Wollmar Filip Bostrom - Minister from Sweden, Washington, D.C.
- Hon. William F. Broening, Mayor of Baltimore
- Dr. Ernest A. Bryant - Fellow the the American College of Surgeons,
Los Angeles, Cal.
- Adolphus Busch - President, Anheuser-Busch Inc., St. Louis Mo.
- E.H. Butler - Editor & Publisher, Buffalo "Evening News",
- Hon. Pierce Butler - United States Supreme Court Justice
- Hon. Johnson M. Camden - United States Senator from Kentucky
- Hon. Guy E. Campbell - Congressman from Pennsylvania
- Mrs. Andrew Carnegie - New York City
- Aloysio Carvalho de Britto - Director of Banco do Brasil, Rio de Janeiro
- Charlie Chaplin - Movie Comic
- George Christian - Secretary to President Harding
- Walter B. Cline - Chairman of the Board, Los Angeles Gas & Electric
- Hon. William F. Colladay - National Republican Committeeman, Washington,
- Hon. Myers Y. Cooper - Governor of Ohio
- F.D. Corley - Vice-President, Marshall Field & Co., Chicago. Ill.
- Hon. James Michael Curley - Mayor of Boston
- Glenn Curtis - Aviaton Pioneer
- Hon. Fred Davenport - Congressman from New York
- George W. Davison - President, Hanover Central Bank & Trust, New
- Hon. S. Wallace Dempsey - United States Congressman, Lockport N.Y.
- Richard Dix - Movie Star
- George W. Childs Drexel - Banker & Philanthropist, Philadelphia
- Hon. George R. Fearson - New York State Senator
- Julius Fleischmann - Cincinnati, Ohio
- Milton S. Florsheim - Head of Florsheim Shoe Co, Chicago, Ill.
- Robert A. Franks - Vice-Chairman & Treasurer, Carnegie Corporation
- King C. Gillette - President, Gillette Safety Razor Co., Hollywood,
- Eugene G. Grace - President, Bethlehem Steel Co.
- Baroness Roland de Graffenreid-Villars
- Ulysses S. Grant IV - Descendent of President U.S. Grant, San Francisco,
- Dr. W.D. Haggard - President, American Medical Association, Nashville,
- Roland H. Hartley - Governor of Washington
- Emperor Hirohito of Japan
- Hon. Harold G. Hoffman - United States Congressman from New Jersey
- E.N. Hurley - Chairman, United States Shipping Board, Chicago, Ill.
- Daniel C. Jackling - President, Utah Copper Co.
- Hon. Wm. P. Jackson - United States Senator from Maryland
- Alba B. Johnson - President, Pennsylvania Chamber of Commerce
- Hon. F.B. Kellogg - Ambassador to Great Britain & United States
Secretary of State
- W. Freeland Kendrick - Mayor of Philadelphia
- A. Atwater Kent - President, Atwater Kent Mfg. Co, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Kenneth R. Kingsbury - President, Standard Oil Company of California
- Brig.-Gen. J.A. Koster, San Fransciso, Cal.
- Hon. William H. Langdon - Associate Justice, Supreme Court of California
- Col. Luke Lea - United States Senator from Tennessee
- F.A. Leovy - Executive Vice-President, Gulf Oil Corporation
- Charles J. Livingood - President, Cincinnati Art Museum
- Breckenridge Long - Assistant Secretary of State
- A. Lawrence Lowell, President, Harvard University
- Frederick MacDonald - President, New York State National Bank
- Hon. Harry A. Mackey - Mayor of Philadelphia
- George A. Martin - President, Sherwin-Williams Co., Cleveland, Ohio
- Willie McFarlane - National Open Golf Champion - New York City
- Hon. T.H.B. McKnight - Senator from Pennsylvania
- John L. McMillan - President, McMillan Book Company
- W.L. Mellon - Chairman, Gulf Refining Co., Pittsburgh, Pa.
- F.A. Miller, Chairman of the Board, Dresser Mfg. Co., Chicago, Ill.
- Hon. William DeWitt. Mitchell - Attorney-General of the United States
- Tom Mix - Famous Cowboy Movie Star
- R.C. Norberg, - President & General Manager, Willard Storage Battery
- Wm. Cardinal O'Connell - Archbishop of Boston
- Ransom E. Olds - Founder of Oldsmobile and REO automobile companies
- Hon. Chauncey G. Parker - General Counsel, U.S. Shipping Board
- Hubert T. Parson - President, F.W. Woolworth Co.
- John Barton Payne - Chairman, American Red Cross, Washington, D.C.
- Dr. Josiah H. Penniman - President & Provost, University of Pennsylvania
- Francis Perkins - Secretary to President Franklin Roosevelt
- C.W. Post - Post Cereals
- Hon. Fred S. Purnell - Congressman from Indiania
- George F. Rand - President, Marine Trust Co., Buffalo, N.Y.
- Fritz Reiner, Conductor, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
- John Ringling - Ringling Bros. Circus
- Hon. Albert C. Ritchie, Governor of Maryland
- J.D. Rockefeller, Philanthropist, New York City
- Ginger Rogers - Movie Star
- Hon. James Rolph Jr., Governor of California
- Babe Ruth - Baseball Legend
- Monsignor James Ryan - Rector, The Catholic University of America -
- Hon. F.M. Sackett, United States Ambassador to Germany
- Earl C. Sams - President, J.C. Penney Co., New York City
- King Ibn Saud of Saudi Arabia
- The Shah of Persia
- Hon. C. Bascom Slemp, Congressman from Virginia and Secretary to President
- Matthew S. Sloan, President, New York Edison Co.
- Hon. Gale H. Stalker, Congressman from New York
- Hon. Ross S. Sterling, - Governor of Texas
- Dr. Frederick A. Stock - Director, Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Hon. Harlan Stone - Associate Justice of United States Supreme Court
- Wm. Howard Taft - Former President of the United States
- Gen. M.O. Terry - Surgeon General of U.S. Army
- Alfred P. Thom - General Counsel for Associated Railways of United
- Hon. Elmer Thomas - Senator from Oklahoma
- Hon. Joseph P. Tumulty - Secretary to President Woodrow Wilson.
- Rt. Rev. William Turner - Bishop of Buffalo
- Alexander Van Rensselar - Philadelphia, Pa.
- Hon. Jan Herman Van Royan - Minister from Netherlands, Washington,
- Hon. David I. Walsh - United States Senator from Massachusetts
- Hon. James E. Watson, United States Senator from Indiania
- Horace White - Governor of New York
- Joseph E. Widener - Capitalist, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Horace S. Wilkerson, Chairman of the Board, Crucible Steel Company,
New York City
- Helen Wills - Tennis Champion
- W.J. Blake Wilson, Director, Royal Bank of Canada, Director, Canadian
Pacific Railway Co.
- Sidney S. Wilson - Secretary & Treasurer, Western Reserve University,
- Woodrow Wilson, Former President of the United States
- Mrs. Sarah Winchester, Heiress to the Winchester Rifle fortune, San
- Charles S. Woolworth, Chairman of the Board, F.W. Woolworth & Co.,
- Mrs. F.W. Woolworth
- Orville Wright - Aviaton Pioneer