Zenith Carb for 8 Cylinder?

Home Page Forums Engine Zenith Carb for 8 Cylinder?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Both of the UU2 bodies that I have for my ’29 are cracked to the extent that I am going to a non-original carb for driving and make one operational UU2 for show. Daytona Parts has Zenith 267 universal for $550 that they say has been used successfully by other Pierce owners.

I will have to fabricate an adapter to fit and the carb is only a single barrel. Is this a problem?

Does anyone have success with this conversion or recommend another carb?

Thanks in advance.

Before you give up on a UU-2, talk to John Cislak – Classic Auto Restoration. He is collecting pieces and parts that may help you. I would not move from a two barrel carb to a single! There are 1930 model C intake manifolds (single barrel) that are available also. Also Dave Murray of Murray-Blonder. Both in vendor section of this web site.

Greg,

I wouldn’t put a single barrel on. The manifolding is design for a duplex carburetor. What parts have cracked on your UU2? A UUR-2 is an option as it was used on some 31 and 32 eight cylinder models.

E-mail me with your needs and perhaps I can come up with something.

[email protected]

Bill

Greg, I’m sure John Cislak has a good body on the shelf, he is out of town till Tuesday, give him a call. Ed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.