Working on the steering column locking system 836

Home Page Forums Chassis Working on the steering column locking system 836

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have added the Hershey Lock column bracket ignition/column lock system to my In progress

projects. There are 2 housings for ’33, 703172C for 836/1236 and 700651 for 1242/1246.

This assembly does several things. I houses the ignition switch, the lever that engages the Startex and the sliding pin that locks the column.

In the pic, from left to right are the bracket, sever of the Startex levers, several column locking barrels and a key tumbler.

Unfortunately, none of the lock barrels are correct. The top one has the correct mounting end for the lever but the notch that the key cylinder operates on is in the wrong place. The second one has the slot in the correct spot, but no way to mount the lever. The third is just wrong.

The key tumbler is too long at 1″.

I am trying to locate any of the correct parts to the left of the bracket.

Well the picture rotated so it would be right to left. Sorry

Unfortunately, 1933 Hershey locks are a one year only design.  I feel your pain, it took a decade for me to find something that would work on my 836.

Greg Long

Greg,

I have since been rescued by a fellow ’33er and have a complete. I will post how I got it apart.

Thanks

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.