Warner Gear Transmission 1931

Home Page Forums Chassis Warner Gear Transmission 1931

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi, anyone have any service literature on the 1931 Series 43 transmission? I assume the casting info “T-74″” indicates a Warner Gear transmission.”

They are simple and straightforward, several cars used them, so if you see one don’t assume it’s for a Pierce.

Agree: good, strong unit, very well made. I just need to change the seals in mine and would like some service literature if I can find it. sometimes I realize that not only do I need service literature, I enjoy the search also.

Thanks!

Most of the bearings are available over the counter and not very expensive, so I would change them out. You can machine the rear output shaft cover for a modern seal to prevent leaks. Also, I would use sealer on the drain and filler plugs…….they leak even with sealer. The front input shaft doesn’t lend itself to adapt a modern seal, but the felt that was used when new seems to be fine on the few I have played around with.

Thank you for all the information! The front seal on mine seems to not be leaking, but I know the rear was bad.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.