Trying to identify an unusual Pierce Arrow Emblem

Home Page Forums General Trying to identify an unusual Pierce Arrow Emblem

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I originally put this question on the AACA forum and although there’s been some good suggestions I was hoping someone in the society would be able to help identify it’s exact application. It came from from my father’s estate and was part of a large collection he had started in the 1950’s although when this was added is anyone’s guess.

This little emblem is around 1-1/4” diameter and is nearly identical to the 1932 crank hole emblem but much too small. I had made the assumption that is was from a dash, but from the reaction to this question on the AACA PA forum it appears I was mistaken. There was a suggestion it could be a later dash emblem, or possibly from a trunk rack which I believe it would be too small for which leaves me guessing again.

This emblem is not one of the Pierce Arrow emblems shown on the American Auto Emblem website and I was hoping to get it added for future collectors reference. You might need to copy and paste the link:

http://www.americanautoemblems.com/search/label/PIERCE-ARROW

It is marked by the maker and I am sure it’s a genuine piece… I would like to know it’s exact application. If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate hearing it!

Thank you for any information you are able to share!

Looks like the key hole cover that was on my 1933 1247 passenger side door until someone broke it off .

Thank you Doug! I spent a while looking at pictures online of the 33 cars, especially 1247 models and found pictures of this emblem as the horn button on a couple Convertible Sedans and one Roadster, but I have not been able to find one as a key cover.

From there I searched the 32 and 34 models to see if it was used as a horn button and have so far come up empty. If anyone has more information as to which years and series may have used this emblem please let me know. I am going to forward what I found to Mike Shears’s website and have it added to his PA emblem list.

Thank you again, I appreciate your input!

Here’s my ’32.  If you zoom in on the photo you can seen the emblem on the crank cover.  ’31’s do not have this.'32 Model 54 front view

Bill Morris

Thank you, but the crank hole cover is MUCH LARGER as this comparison shows. I have found pictures of three different 1933 model 1247’s on line showing this as a horn button, two Convertible Sedans and a Roadster.

Thank you, but the crank hole cover is MUCH LARGER as this comparison shows. I have found pictures of three different 1933 model 1247’s on line showing this as a horn button, two Convertible Sedans and a Roadster.

Looks just like my horn button, now that I see the size.

That’s why I put the measurements above, it looks the same in pictures.

If anyone knows if this is a feature of all 12 cylinder cars or just the 1247 series please post it here.

Thank you again!

My 1933 1236 does not have the emblem on the horn button, and the spark and light levers are black rather than chrome.

You failed to provide a dimension of the emblem, but if it is the horn button it was used on 1933 1242 and 1247 wheel assemblies and the light and throttle arms were made of pot metal and were all chrome plated.  Many were broken when the driver’s sleeve caught the light arm, which is left of center.

Thank you for the information. I am however curious if anyone actually read my post? The diameter is there and I have not edited it…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.