The sky is not falling

Home Page Forums General The sky is not falling

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hagerty Insurance company puts out several interesting publications both print and electronic as well as videos that I find entertaining. I just received their latest electronic Hagerty Insider magazine. There was an interesting article in the magazine regarding various age groups and who is buying which cars. The conclusions are based on their data of vehicles that were insured by Hagerty by at least two successive owners. Obviously this is not perfect data, but still can be useful. I found the following statement in the article reassuring.

“Perhaps the most surprising find in the transaction data is that young people have a thing for prewar cars. Younger generations account for 40 to 60 percent of the new owners for pre-1942 Fords, Chevrolets, Plymouths, Dodges, Buicks, Cadillacs, Oldsmobiles, Lincolns, Cords, and Packards.”

So, there is hope out there for others to carry on the love of our Pierce Arrows into the future. The other caveat is don’t wait for the market to collapse to purchase the car of your dreams at pennies on the dollar. It is unlikely to happen any time soon.

Robert

P.S. If anyone wants an electronic copy of the magazine I am happy to forward it to them.

Hi Bob. I would appreciate a copy of the magazine. My email address is [email protected] Dave Stephens, St. Louis, MO.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.