RM Auction St Louis

Home Page Forums General RM Auction St Louis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I attended the RM St Louis auction of the Fred Guyton Collection yesterday. The Travelodge and the 1701 Coupe found new owners. The Model C went for about 35k, and the Coupe for about 70k. Interesting event, with lots of interesting cars, most selling for high numbers. I have no idea if the new owners are PAS members.

I was a phone bidder and was hoping to get the trailer that went for 40K with a 20% fee. It’s interesting that a 1937 Pierce Arrow Coupe went right before the trailer. I did not get it.

The trailer was a good value, I already have a restored Model B, and didn’t want another. I would have appraised it at 60k. Ed

Ed, what do you think of the ’37 coupe price?

Call me and I’ll give you an opinion in private. I don’t want to irritate a potential new member. I thought the travel trailer was a bargin. One must also remember that you have to look at the value of the dollar compared to other things available and the price range. So it’s not just what the Pierce arrow will sell for, it’s what can you get for that same amount of money that may be a better car or a better model. I think things are going to revert back to like they were in the 70s and 80s where the open cars will be changing hands quite easily but the four-door sedan‘s are going to be a very hard sell. Very hard.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.