Recommended haulers

Home Page Forums General Recommended haulers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I need to move a car from Colorado Springs to Atlanta. Any recommendations or stay clear offs?

@Bill,

Steer totally clear of UShip; too many amateurs on there. If you have an issue, UShip will tell you to deal with the shipper – they totally absolve themselves of any responsibility. It’s a free-for-all.

I’d suggest sticking with the biggies. I’ve had good success and reasonable rates from Passport Transport. It’s a real company. The few dollars more that you’ll pay with an established transporter is worth the peace of mind.

=Adam=

My experience with Passport was the opposite.  They said two to three weeks and it was three months. They didn’t return calls, wouldn’t give an answer when they were going to pick the car up and then called and said we’ll be there today, no notice.  I gave them a short window when I would be out of the country and couldn’t accept delivery. They acknowledged this and said they would work around it. Fortunately I got home early because they showed up during the time I was supposed to be gone. To top it off, the car was damaged during transport.  I had been given a good recommendation prior to hiring them.

I agree about brokers, be careful.

Dave

I am on the board of the Saratoga Auto Mueum in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.  Our transporter of choice for our annual auction is Reliable Carriers.

The owners are nice people, they have kept their word with us and have been most reliable (no pun intended).  With the pandemic, all rates have gone crazy.

Adam, Tony and David,

Thanks for the input. I got an interesting response from Reliable

Thank you for inquiring! Unfortunately, this is not a traffic lane we are currently servicing. *

I ended up using Aaall States Transport. They are a broker that I used to get a car out of California a couple years ago.

They had Florida Pigeon Transport, LLC pick the car  up in a day and it was here the next. $250 to broker about $1/mile to the hauler. They had a 2 car enclosed hauler and he dropped it off in front of the house. Now I have direct contact with the carrier.

Car arrived in great shape and I got email updates like below. Worked great, this time.

Order #
    1091716-BI
    Customer Name:
    Bill Lyons
    Customer Phone:
    678-899-3977
    Customer Email:
    [email protected]
    Pick-Up City:
    Colorado Springs, CO 80924
    Destination City:
    Berkeley Lake, GA 30096
    Trailer Type:
    Enclosed Trailer
    1st Day Ready to Load:
    09/22/21
    Vehicle Runs:
    Yes
    Vehicle(s) Shipped:
    1930 FORD MODEL A
    Charged On Card: (They didn’t charge the card until the car was verified as loaded)
    $250
    Cash/Money Order to Driver:
    XXX
    Total Price:
    XXX
    Carrier Name:
    Florida Pigeon Transport LLC
    Carrier Phone:
    (786) 362-1850
    Driver Phone:
    (786) 362-1850
    Carrier Email:
    [email protected]
    Estimated Load Date:
    09/22/21
    Estimated Delivery Date:
    09/24/21

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.