Pierce Arrow Morrison No. 1 Jack

Home Page Forums Literature and Tools Pierce Arrow Morrison No. 1 Jack

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Found a Morrison No. 1 Jack on Ebay for a reasonable price and grabbed it. It is missing the jack handle, Wonder if it is the correct jack for my car (1933), and if anyone has a jack handle for this for sale. The jack has a patent date of 1922 on it, so I was thinking it might be for a Model 80 or 81.

Ken, Morrison #1 is the correct jack for 1925-27 Ser. 80, and 1928 Ser 81. Handles are harder to find than the jacks. Going price for the handle is $125-$150. Not correct for 1933.

Thanks Karl. Another reason to go to Hershey this year!

Ken, I will be at Hershey this year and can use the jack you bought. Are you interested in selling it? Louis

Louis, let me see if I can find the correct one for my car. I am not sure yet if I am going to Hershey but if I can find the correct jack, I’ll sell it to you. A friend has a 1933 836 and I’ll look at his jack.

Thanks. Louis

i believe a ‘Buckeye’ jack is correct for a 1933?

Karl, can you confirm that?

Greg Long

What is the correct jack for a 1937 twelve?

Steve, our best research is 1935 and newer Pierce arrows did not get any tools or Jack from the factory. They did get a lug wrench. Keep in mind sales of the last three years were very small and profits were down. Deleting jack and tools would save the company money. The Packard jack of that era would be a good fit for your Pierce.

What were the Packard jacks of the era and would a Morrison No. 2 jack be appropriate for the Pierce?

I am sure a Packard jack would be fine for appearances.  If you want a jack that will pick that behemoth up to change a tire on the road, something else is better.  Someone told me to look for a Range Rover jack, it goes up in two or three stages, is quite sturdy, and goes high enough to raise a car that sits off the ground like our cars do.  Google one up, or I could dig mine out of the “parts department ” trunk of my car and take a picture of it.  (meanwhile, if the Packard jack is anything like the old time members of the CCCA, it will try to fight its way out of the trunk of a Pierce Arrow)

Steve, Morrison #2 is also a 1920’s Pierce jack. Plenty strong enough, however I would think too tall to get under the axle if the tire were flat. The Packard is a shorter 3 screw jack. I will take a photo of one and post later today. When used, the rear wheel to fender clearance is key to any jack you put in the trunk.  Karl

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.