Picnic buttons

Home Page Forums General Picnic buttons

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

another picture

David, those are some wonderful items.

I think an article in the Arrow would be appropriate to focus on a few of the PAMC items, why they were produced and how you came to find them.

I’m sure the stories from just a few of the items could fill pages.

Craig, that’s a good idea, I have 20 or 30 items that I just looked at that are directly related to the factory, including factory rules, ticket for plant tour, WWI war efforts, 25 year and mechanical club pins, and so forth. I’ll get them together and submit an article for future publication.

Thanks! David C.

David,

Thank you for sharing. I had no idea that there are so many items that were put out by or for Pierce Arrow.

Fantastic Collection it had to take nearly a lifetime to accumulate.

Ken

The red reproduction button came in the meet packet for the 100th anniversary meet held in Buffalo in 1978. It was “picnic event”” for the founding of the company.”

For some reason, there seem to be a LOT of Pierce items out there. There are better collections than mine out there, but I’m happy to have found some goodies!

And, having great friends helps, too!

I wouldn’t have my PA wagon, unless Richard Leroy found it, and James Powell picked it up and delivered it.

I wouldn’t have my Pierce icebox, had it not been for Stu Blair picking it up and Greg Long delivering it to Hershey!

I have a Pierce “Mechanical Club” pin, which I’m told is much rarer than the 25 year pin. A friend of mine was at a small auction, and saw it sell in a box of other stuff. He went to the buyer and offered him a dollar for the pin, bought it, and gave it to me!

Another friend found a large 1920 Safety book, which used Pierce Arrows in New York City, in some great pictures throughout the book, to demonstrate how to safely drive!

I feel very fortunate to have great friends! Many thanks to all….

David your too kind. I think I got the better end of the deal…a ride in your ’31 and you taking your time and treasure to pick up and deliver my ’29.

Having seen some of David’s collection he could put on quite a presentation. Perhaps your “museum”” can be part of the next Chesapeake Region Tour! :-)

I know it’s been said before but the people in the PAS are second to none!

James”

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.