More mystery parts

Home Page Forums Body More mystery parts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am digging around in boxes as things slowly get put back on the car. Ran into these wood pieces, about 4 1/2″ long and over 1/2″ thick. Can anyone provide any help to identify them? I presume they came off my ’35 Club sedan, but don’t know for sure. Thanks for any help.

mystery wood bits

These go in the sidemount well.

Thanks, I just sent my fenders out for media blasting so I don’t have them handy to try and figure these out. I am wondering where they fit with those 2 big holes.

Jim,

My 1703 has four of these spacers in each wheel well, each of a different thickness. There is a steel plate fastened with wood screws to each spacer. The large holes are for the head of plow bolts that secure the assemblies to the well. I did not find a ready source for plow bolts, so I used elevator bolts instead; they have the same large head but are flat instead of crowned. One of the spacers was too thin to accept screws, so it was attached with countersunk rivets (OEM). I hope you have the special spacers for the bottom of the well, as they are a different profile and held in place with countersunk stove bolts.

Bob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.