Irv Blonder’s 1931 Model 41 Convertible Coupe

Home Page Forums General Irv Blonder’s 1931 Model 41 Convertible Coupe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I recently received a request from a gentleman for photos of Irv Blonders 1931 Convertible Coupe. He stated he and his father helped restore the car many years ago and would like a photo or two of it.  The photo below came out of an old Arrow. Anybody have any photos of it? Does anybody know who has it now?

The car is in England, or on the continent.  Probably ten years ago, I met this man at a show that owned a large collector car store in Fort Lauderdale (I think he was German).  He somehow had acquired Irv’s car, and sold it overseas.  He still had the crankshaft from the original engine (Irv’s car had a smaller displacement engine installed from when Irv had it).  He offered to give me the crank, I stupidly never went down to pick it up.

Thanks Tony.

There is a good photo of this car, including Irv and Hilda,  on the cover of the Series 92 Model 2 ARROW. The cover caption says it was taken by the Los Angeles Times as part of a story in a Sunday supplement (no date given) about old cars called “Pleasures of the Road.” The Times may still have the other images in the shoot.

I noticed the 1993 Roster entry lists the car as having a “30B” motor numbered 201367, with the car number space saying missing. So it must have an interesting history before Irv owned it.

Seeing how attaching this image came out suggests it can also be used to illustrate the need to upgrade our website………

Brooks

Thanks Brooks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.