Horn relay?

Home Page Forums General Horn relay?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Did the ’35 845 generally have a horn relay? I am threading the Rhode Island front harness and it has wires for a horn relay. The Pierce wiring diagram shows the horn relay and two horns as optional for salon models, otherwise a direct wire to a single horn. I dont think I have a horn relay bit I definitely have two horns, and I dont think my club sedan is a “salon” model and I have never noticed an 845 with only a single horn.

Jim, my 1934 (virtually identical to your 1935) has its horn relay near the right front engine mount.  You can (barely) get to the contacts over the fender, but I found it easier to detach the relay’s “can” from the sheet metal and poke it down under the radiator to facilitate marking the wires.

I had to ask Bob Jacobsen for this info because I couldn’t find the darned thing!  So credit him with the answer.

Thanks George. It looks like I found the relay in my boxes of parts, I had mislabeled it in my spreadsheet not knowing what it was for. Some things become more clear as the boxes of parts slowly get emptied and mounted on the car.

I see where it was screwed to the front splash pan, it looks like it was facing up above the pan rather than below it. A bit worrisome getting to it to disconnect if it sticks on.

I just got the hoods installed. What a delicate operation that is to raise and lower without scratching things up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.