Gathering at the Gilmore

Home Page Forums General Gathering at the Gilmore

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am thinking of taking my family up to the Gilmore Gathering this year.  We will not have a Pierce but wanted to gather information about restoring mine and sourcing parts, as well as possibly make some ones day with selling and giving away parts I do not need.  I know this group is mainly of the older generation but was curious if anyone takes kids to these events.  My son (11) is an avid car lover and my daughter (9) loves riding in our Packard.  We would come up on Friday most likely and stay through the weekend.

We definitely encourage children at all Pierce-Arrow Society events. This is the best way to interest young people to the unique qualities of our luxurious motor cars. See the registration form in “Activities” and you will see reduced pricing for kids. Given our typical demographic many kids in attendance will be grandchildren, but at the recent Annual Meet in CA there were children as young as 2 years old in attendance. So PLEASE bring your children to any PAS event. We’ll try to put them in Pierce-Arrows and maybe ride in or sit behind s steering wheel.

Is it acceptable if I bring my Packard this year as my Pierce is under construction.

YES!

We’re glad to have any vehicles join us and any PAS member is welcome in whatever they bring.

Any early or Classic era vehicles are welcome on the Show Field, but not eligible for Trophies. If we were to get a number of Packards joining us, I’d consider doing Packard trophies.

I have belonged to PAC for many years longer than my 26 years in PAS. Packards are often prettier, but I came to prefer driving a Pierce.

We’ve had Packard and ACD cars participate in the past.

Dave

231-740-3610

If you haven’t been before you could do a sidetrip up to Shelby, a bit north of Detroit, and take in the Packard Proving Grounds museum.

I will not be showing the car but will bring it up to cruise in.  The kids love riding in it.  Thanks all.

Chuck, I enjoyed the brief drive I made in your Packard. Experiencing one of the torsion-ride Packards has been on my bucket list for years. So glad you brought it; it is a beauty! It was such a pleasure seeing you all enjoying it also!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.