Fresh from the North Carolina Woods. I need help with a tie rod end

Home Page Forums Buy/Sell Fresh from the North Carolina Woods. I need help with a tie rod end

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I picked up this 33 836 this weekend. It was just pulled from the woods where is had resided for over 40 years. I think I will need a little help before Hershey. The passenger’s tie rod end is in pieces, does anyone know of a source. I need to be able to steer it to get it inside.

Were you going to post a photo? We’d love to see it.

Bill

The tie rod end was listed in a Thompson catalog as a Thompson Type B left and right. This data is from 1972. Possibly an older parts house can do some cross referencing.

Ok, one last try. I read the instructions this time

William, I see you are a new member-welcome! So are you going to bring this car back to life? If so, you will find this web site and other PAS material very helpful to you.

Keep us updated!-John

I have your tie rod ends in stock. Nice talking to you on the phone. Take your time with it and you will be well rewarded.

Dave Murray

Hi William, what’s the story of this car?

Why it has been sitting in the woods as parted out?

It isn’t parted out. It is missing alot but I have the engine, trans, 4 wheels, radiator, intake, exhaust manifolds, EE-3 carb, front and rear fenders (pretty good shape really) hood, running board (poor) steering, doors. Gauges are shot, no archer or lghts. Have both bumpers, poor radiator shell/grill. Only pieces of the seat. Have all but one door handle, inside and out,and the window risers/handles. It is missing one main bearing cap and a rod cap.

The car came from between Charlotte and Monroe, NC. The previous owner was employed bythe railroad and saw it from the train about 40 years ago. He brought it home and had started by turning the crank, but got no further. He parked it in the woods next to his barn. His farm was cut in half when they put the west side of I485 in.

Wm….nice find ! I have a number of 836 parts I don’t need. Newly rechromed bumpers, full dash and guages in very nice shape + misc stuff. Let me know what you need. If you are going to Hershey…let us know.

You will love this car when you start driving it…..Rich Anderson

http://[email protected]

Willian, did you get a tie rod installed so the chassis could be steered well enough to put it inside?

I too may have some parts and pieces for an 836. Post a list as you go through your parts, we’ll all try to help.

Greg L.

Thanks for all of the help. I was able to get it in the storage building after 3 hours and 2 wheel dollies, 3 jacks and a rollback. Not much space between rental storage slots.

I am analysing the body and it seems it was torched at some point. Does anyone have any pictures or patterns for any of the seat or top bow wood?

I have part of the rear and front seats and I have ash from my Morgans

I found the missing data plate in one of the holes in the frame.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.