Engine # 227493

Home Page Forums General Engine # 227493

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Does anyone have any knowledge regarding the possible location of the 8 cyl engine captioned above? I just bought the 1931 model 43 convertible sedan (a basket case) that it was separated from in about 1976 – 1979. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have a lead on a possible Model 43 parts car? Thanks Much! Merlin Smith

Hi- Merlin- all right, yes, great news! I’m so glad someone finally decided to "rescue" this car. I went and looked at it in Atlanta a few years ago, even made an offer which he rejected, and only a couple of months ago had the guy offer it to me again.

My understanding is that the engine was in a shop that caught fire. I hope you can find it!

If you don’t have any luck finding an engine, I do have an extra Model 43 engine that I’ve been keeping as a spare, really don’t need it though. I also may have a few other items, I know I have pieces of an original wiring harness (that had conduit and junction boxes).

Great to hear you bought the car! It was a complete car at one time, is pictured in some earlier (60’s and 70’s) Pierce publications when it was toured and shown. The guy who had it down south sure did some serious disassembly, hope you found all the pieces!

Best David Coco

David: Thanks for your encouraging remarks. Right now I need them because I have had three weekends to determine what is missing…and it is a lot! But the good news is that the hard-to-find and expensive-to-make conv sedan parts are there, so Model 43 mechanical parts are what I need. If you will sell it, I’m sure I do need that engine so be thinking about price. I’ll email you with my list of needs. By the way, both Paul Jacobs and Bernie Weis were real helpful with my research on this car. Bernie even sent me a picture that he made of it at a PAS Meet in 1962. Thanks again….Merlin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.