Do any service manuals exist?

Home Page Forums Literature and Tools Do any service manuals exist?

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Sorry they are sideways………..

Thank you Ed, I will keep an eye out for some of these types of manuals.

As to the parts catalogs I have the one for 1930 models. Sitting in my country as lonely wolf the catalog has help me in thousands of times restoring my Pierce. Many times I have enlarged the the drawings 3-4-5 times to get the details.

I have the parts list for my ’31 but there are no illustrations, which would really be helpful.

Randy, the 1930 parts list was the last one with illustrations, so you might want to obtain just the illustrations from the 1930 parts list. We can advise you what’s different: carb, air silencer, distributor (for Model 43–same as 1930 for Models 41 & 42), axle shafts, and a few others.

In a similar vein, the last Owners Manual with mechanical adjustment info is 1929, so 1930 and 1931 owners are well advised to take a free download of the 1929 OM.

Despite the age of this forum exchange, I just wanted to add some reference points for those who may still be searching for manuals/tune-up guides for Pierce-Arrow, etc. To-date, these are available for online perusal, or downloaded as a PDF or other format:

National Service Manual 1927-1941:

https://archive.org/details/NationalServiceManual1927Through1941OCR2246Pages

RADCO Carburetor And Motor Tune Up Manual, 1925-1930:

https://archive.org/details/radcocarburetorandmotortuneupmanualhighresolution1925through1930ocr461pages/mode/2up

Standard Auto Electrician’s Manual 1928-1937:

https://archive.org/details/StandardAutoElectriciansManual1928Through1937OCR824Pages/page/n211/mode/2up

Actually they do sort of exist… I have had two different ones in my hands  – one has been fully scanned and submitted for the newsletter to use as they see fit before it was gifted to another member here, and I need to get cracking on scanning the second one which covers the early 8 cylinder years…

Manual

The links to the two manuals that Carl provided are now listed under “Service Manuals” in the Parts and Services Directory” and can be downloaded there.  They are VERY large (100’s of MB) downloads. They are viewable without downloading. Thanks to Carl for providing the links.

Pierce issued a number of Service Bulletins under various names, over the life of the company.  Mark has supplied some digital copies to the PAS (’20s era) and I will be publishing them on occasion in the PAS Service Bulletin. Thank you Mark.  Some are also in the PAS Library available at the AACA Library. Some have been published in past PAS Service Bulletins and should turn up in a PASB search on the website.

If anyone knows of a full set (roughly 600 or more) of the Service Letters,/Bulletins, I would like to digitize them for use in our Service Bulletin. Mark has gotten the process started. Eventually I would like to index them and make them  available on the website as was done with the PAS Service Bulletins.

Dave

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.