Distributor 1935 – 1936 12 cylinder Pierce Arrow

Home Page Forums Engine Distributor 1935 – 1936 12 cylinder Pierce Arrow

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Looking for a good home for this distributor.  Delco-Remy model 4105.  Research indicates it was from a 1935 – 1936 12 cylinder Pierce Arrow. 

The story is that my father (now deceased at 93) worked in a garage after high school.  Then went into the navy and after he got out in 1946 one of his co-workers from the garage gave him this distributor.  The fellow had been attempting to restore a Pierce-Arrow, but his new family was holding him back in the time and money department.  It has been indoors, wrapped in a towel, in a box in the closet since 1946.

I’ve made no attempt to clean it up – which is probably a good thing as I don’t know how to do so safely.  This one has the original brown plastic cap.  And, unfortunately, I have no way to determine if it is actually operational.

My limited research indicates that these are not terribly rare but should have some monetary value. Also this one may fit some trucks or fire trucks from the same era?

Anyone interested in purchasing this distributor, or, information on who might be able to make good use of it? 

Will try to attach a photo.

Thanks

Richard

Here is another picture I was trying to attach.

Good morning: I am interested in purchasing the Distributor and Cap. I have no idea to its value, but most likely will need it for my Pierce 12 which I am going to start restoring. I currently am in MA recovering frim surgery, but expect to be back home by Jan. 5. Please let me know your thoughts on this matter. Louis

Mr Abelove,

Attempting to send an email with more photos and my contact info.

Hope the surgery recovery goes well.

Thanks,

Richard

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.