Derusting with the Ultrasonic cleaner

Home Page Forums General Derusting with the Ultrasonic cleaner

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I am trying to wear out my ultrasonic cleaner. Where has this been all my life.

The question came up if you could use something like Evapo-Rust in it.

Since my tank would take like $75 to fill and it loses its efficiency over time I came up with a trial solution. Also I didn’t want to dilute or have to remove my normal cleaning solution

I had my kick shackle apart and decided to use the dogbone as a trial.

I turned the heat up to 140 degrees, put the part in a ziploc bag, covered it with clean Evapo-Rust, sealed it, put it in the tank and turned it on.

I ran it thru 4-5 30 minute cycles for about a day and here is what it looked like verses the rest of the kick shackle.

It looks like I should have left it in a little longer, but the part came out very clean, unlike the slime you have to wash off on straight E-R soaked parts. So it would appear the UC waves with penetrate the bag and activate the solution in it.

I took the used solution and dumped it into a bucket so I can derust parts that won’t fit into the cleaner until the E-R efficiency is used up.

I had a Dentist confirm that you can put the part in a bag with different solutions and hang/place them in the UC and get the same effect.

I might start just putting water in mine and the parts and solution in bags.

That way you have full strength solution that you can discard by the bag full instead of gallons.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.