Delco 5265 information and parts needed or references

Home Page Forums General Delco 5265 information and parts needed or references

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Good Morning and I hope everyone was able to enjoy a safe and pleasant Christmas. We sure did, now back to business.  Here is my question, who may have parts or parts numbers for the single cap two spark Delco distributor use in 1924.  The unit in question is a Delco 5265. I would also like a schematic drawing to verify the state of completeness for this unit.  I know it is missing the rotor and cap….maybe more.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Hopefully this will help you. It is out of the Series 36 Parts Book. I believe the S 36 used the same distributor as the late S 33. If you find a source for the cap and rotor please share it.  I would like to get a spare rotor for my cars.

Dave

Hello David,

Thanks for your posted information which give a complete parts breakdown of parts.  Do you, perchance, have the set-up and service procedure for this Delco 5265 unit also?  I am saving this parts listing in my archive for future use.

Thanks Again,

Alan

Alan,

I may have something on setting up the points.  As I find pertinent articles in the PASB, I copy them and put them in a binder that stays with the car. I’ll dig it out and see what I can find.  I will see if I can see the tag on the distributor to confirm it is the same number. I also have a spare distributor complete except for the rotor.  All of the S33/36 distributors I have are Delco, however I have seen ads for DeJon distributors for S 36. Perhaps P-A had a second supplier or they were aftermarket replacements.

Do you have a Series 33/36 car or just the distributor?  Your record shows that you have ’35 and ’37 cars. If you have others, I’d like to update our records.

Dave

Alan,

Here is what I came up with. If I run across anything more, I’ll post it.

There is an oil cup on the distributor that takes a few drops of motor oil every 1000 miles. There also is a large screw cap on the side of the distributor. The manual calls for adding light cup grease every 10,000 miles.  I use white lithium grease in it.

The information below came out of various Service Bulletins. You might do a search under publications using the Technical Search tool for “Series 33” or “Series 36” under Model and “Distributor” under Title and see if you come up with anything else. You can play with the search terms a little which may yield more or less results.

Hello David,

Thanks for your scouring additional relevant information on the Delco 5265 Distributor.

Secondly, I have not changed what I have for Pierce-Arrow automobiles from what is listed currently.  I would like an earlier Pierce-Arrow but have not found my way to purchase one yet.  I have this Delco 5265 distributor and plan to fit it on a direct competitor of Pierce-Arrow,  🙂

Alan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.