Dash board color

Home Page Forums Body Dash board color

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Let’s try this again.

I am starting on the dash. The front of mine is black and the back is red primer.

I don’t think it has been repainted. Every 836 I have seen seems to have a black dash so unless there is tribal knowledge to the contrary, that is the direction I am going.

Also, need a couple glovebox doors.PA dash

Bill,

The dashboard on my 1933 model 836 is also black and looks like the original finish.  The area around the instruments on the instrument panel is also black but the window frame above the dash is wood grain on metal.  Question: is it easier to remove the dash to work on the instruments or to just remove the instrument panel?  Regards,  Don Andersen

Don,

Thanks for the report.

On the removal, there are 9 screw/bolts that hold each of them in. I think removing the whole dash board is easier than the instrument cluster.

If I remember, I had to just about stand on my head to get to the cluster screws/bolts. The complete dash panel was easier if I remember.

Be sure to remove the 2 bolts in the back inside of each of the glove boxes and disconnect the freewheeling lever assembly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.