Brake switch access on ’29 model 133.

Home Page Forums General Brake switch access on ’29 model 133.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Working to sort out the wiring on my 133 Club Sedan to fix the mess left by the people who restored it many years ago. Apparently, they only used small scraps of wire, as the color changes every few feet, plus splices hidden inside the conduits, making it hard to trace. Most has been identified and traced as this project is to add turn signals, LED lamps and (more) brake lights so I can see and be seen driving it on the road.

The one I have not figured out at all is how to access the reverse switch on the top of the transmission, as it not functional today and I expect the wires should be replaced. Are all the front floorboards removed, or is there a graceful way to get to this switch and not mess up the carpet or upholstery? Any hints?

I had this same problem a couple of months ago in my ’33 model 836.  I don’t have carpet yet so a little easier.  I was able to raise the back of the floor boards, prop them up and work under them to get to both switches. I removed the switches, cleaned them, bench tested them and reinstalled them with new wires.  Not the worst job to do!  Have fun with Pierce Arrows.  Don

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.