Assist strap material

Home Page Forums Body Assist strap material

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am wondering if anyone can help identify what the materials for the rear assist straps in my ’35 sedan would be described as. The main material is almost like a fine nap carpet.

thanks for any help.

Jimassist strap

Good question Jim.

I have contacted heritageaai.com who did a great job on my rear window shade. He also does assist straps and is probably my best bet.

I’m looking forward to reading about this.  Fabrics and woven goods are a mystery to me..  And I really don’t like being  completely ignorant about any subject.  Some knowledge about most subjects relative to cars as well as houses and life in general are important in my thinking.

Jim: from a first look at your posted image, I see what you mean about the fabric. It looks like a loop carpeting, not a cut-pile carpet.  I wonder if there isn’t a website somewhere that explains both fabric weaves and appearances and uses. ?

Greg L

Consulting the oracle (internet) it seems it is a chenille or something akin to a chenille. The originals are out of town with the car at the upholsterers at the moment, they are looking at it as well. I’ll post when I learn something more.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.