Again, Fresh thread, front rubber floor mats for 1929-1930-1931 cars

Home Page Forums General Again, Fresh thread, front rubber floor mats for 1929-1930-1931 cars

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

David,

How many so far want a mat? It is interesting that the 1930 and 1931 parts books were so less detailed unless it was meant that all three years were meant to be used together.Being also into Packards,there was a master parts book for the 7th,8th and 9th Series Packards of 1930-1931-1932.There was a similar master parts book for the 1923 through 1929 models and 1933 through 1936 models.

There were MANY changes on the cars from the 29/30 VS the 31’s. Never guess that any body or trim part will fit……as most of the time they will not. Same goes for chassis stuff. Ed

Dave, please send the template to me in Florida.

Right now I have 6 people saying they want one.

Ed, I have the template done, will get it in the mail tomorrow….thanks dc

I now have verification that the mat fits a 1930 Model B touring and a 1931 Model 41 touring.

Ed is checking on a couple of others and will be getting back to me.

This project looks like a go for this fall/winter, so will be getting more information out as I get details nailed down.

thanks David C.

Thanks for taking this on, David!

David: I’ll take one for my ’29 4p Sport Touring.

My car has carpeting on the front floor, matching the rear floor carpet. I’m sure the car should have a rubber mat up front.

Greg Long

David,

How many mats are spoken for now? Please be sure I am on the list.Yes,all of the 1929 cars came from the factory with the rubber floor mat.Carpet was used by restorers because the old natural rubber deteriorated.How much of a deposit will you want and when?

David, I just had a look at the original mat in Charlie Sandos 1931 5 Pass. sedan and see it has the Pierce logo between the shifter and the seat frame. Do you plan to have this detail in the repro? Karl

There are 9 mats spoken for, the project is a go.

Yes, there will be the logo on the mat, I don’t have it in front of me but think it’s “Body Built By PIERCE Buffalo NY”. I have the original on my mat, it will be laser engraved on new mats.

As soon as I know deposit info will let everyone know. Fabricator is busy now and said it would be Winter before he could start making them.

Thanks David C.

Hi David

Make mine the tenth! I have a 29 Club Brougham. That should make it the first Pierce mat in Australia!! Thank you for your effort. NOT easy!

Jak.

OK Jak, you’re on the list. I will get out further details on deposits and such, as mentioned this is a winter project so things will move slowly.

thanks David C.

My very original ’29 ED Limo has the original rubber mat up front.

It has gotten very brittle and fragile with age.

Will the new mat have the little bit of padding that is on the underside of the original mats?

Add me to the list of persons wanting a mat.

Craig, good question. I’m dealing with fabricator, and originally the mat was going to be very thin. It’s thicker now with new negotiation, but it doesn’t have the, what shall I say, almost spongey rubber under it that the original had.

When I did my drawings and measurements, and saw that the original was much thicker, one vendor backed out because he said that’s “too much material”.

This will be a thinner mat, but on the top identical to the original. I figure someone could add rubber or cushion material under it after made.

When I ask for deposit, I will state exact dimensions and thickness, and anyone who isn’t happy can gracefully bow out. This guy (in Canada) makes mats for a lot of different clubs, I’m sure final product will be very nice, but I’m exposed as much as anyone to a product not up to my expectations. Catch 22, can’t approve of it until it’s in my hands, and it can’t be in my hands until I approve it’s fabrication.

Thanks David C.

Hi David

Thanks for the update. Your heartburn to achieve this project is appreciated. PAS has more than its fair share of guys like you. Jak.

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.