acessories

Home Page Forums Literature and Tools acessories

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Message deleted by original poster

Richard, I am a big fan of factory items like this. What I find most interesting is that after 40 years of Pierce Arrow collecting I have never heard of this vacuum, and I learned about it from one of our new members! That is what makes this car hobby so much fun. I think I know who your mentor is, he’s a good guy and a true Pierce Arrow collector.

A Pierce Arrow vacuum, you say? Well, mine won’t fit in a small compartment!

Dave,

That is way cool. The bummer about the hand held model is that it doesn’t have pierce arrow on it anyware. :(

Amazing that Pierce lent their name to so many accessories.

Given the high standards that the PA auto was made I’m sure their accessories were also meticulous in detail and craftsmanship.

I believe it was Ed who told me that there were trade catalogs, and a factory or dealer could order all manner of tools and accessories, and have them “personalized” with the make of the car being sold. I’d love to think this came out of the Pierce factory, when in fact it probably was just what Mr. Minnie says, an aftermarket order…don’t know how they handled the trademark question. I still think it’s neat, if anyone knows any more history on such marked accessories please feel free to add that knowledge!!

Who is Mr. Minnie?

You, sir….with all due respect. And surely some is due….

You are too kind. Thank you very much. All my best. Ed

Who made the Pierce Arrow vacuum cleaner? It looks like a very nice fairly light weight compact unit.How well does it work?

It’s an upright Royal vacuum cleaner with a Pierce bag. This particular model had two methods of use for the front, one a rectangular standard “pickup” nozzle (see attached photo of a 1914 Royal), the other, attach a hose. I’m missing the pickup unit. I’ve never run it due to wiring. Thus, it wasn’t a “Pierce” vacuum cleaner, but rather a standard unit that had an embroidered bag (professionally done) attached. One would think that these are out there for other makes, also, though I’ve never seen another.

The wiring if not frayed should be fine but if it is bad there are sources for period cord and plugs.Google Sundial Wire as they have old style cord in various guages.New rubber appliance cord is available.There are a number of collectors of antique electrical appliances and lamps.

Thanks! Yes, there are even vacuum cleaner collections out there. Because of the discharge on the left side as seen from front, the Pierce cleaner shown dates from 1928 (when they switched sides) to 1938 (for obvious Pierce reasons!)

Being 1928,the cord may be a black cloth appliance cord with a hard rubber plug and possibly a hard rubber inline switch.When I was a kid someone gave me an old Eureka to tinker with and it had this type of cord.I find the old electrical stuff to be more reliable than what is out there today.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.