A Great Loss

Home Page Forums General A Great Loss

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

With great sadness I report the world has lost Ernest (Ernie) Follis. Ernie died October 13th after a long illness.

Ernie was an incredible man. His accomplishments would fill volumes.

Please keep Jim and Donna and Ken and Jodi and their families in your prayers.

Rick and Liz

Very sad…….Uncle Ernie was great fun to visit and tour with, and always had a smile and a kind word. He very generously shared his collection with me when I was just a long haired skinny kid visiting California for the first time.May he Rest In Peace. Ed

Ernie has been a member of the Pierce-Arrow Society for more than 50 years. Very sorry to hear about his death. Rich and Janet

Ernie with us at Hershey in 2015. Always quick with a smile and a hug. He will be missed by a lot of us. Godspeed my friend.

Ernie visited me when he was in Albuquerque some years back and had a nice visit plus later we talked about 1929 Pierce Arrow 133 Roadsters.My thoughts go out to Ernie’s family in their loss.

Bill

I am extremely sorry to hear about Ernie’s passing.

As stated, he was a very generous and welcoming man, always eager to share his love of cars and his Pierce Arrows with everyone.

Ernie allowed us to store our ’29 at his place overnight when we had engine ignition troubles on a tour during the 2006 meet.

When we asked if we could leave our car overnight and pick it up in the morning, he said with a sly smile, ‘Sure, I’m sure there a few ’29 parts I could manage to grab overnight’.

My thoughts go out to his family and to his close friends in the So Cal PAS Region.

He will be sorely missed.

I’ve never heard a bad word about Ernie! He was an inspiration to all of us.

My condolences to his family and his many friends.

Ernie was an amazing friend and asset to all of us. Heart felt wishes to Jim and the family.

John and Sue

Ernie was a great friend and a generous host for Pierce events. We will all miss him and his sense of humor.

Our sincere sympathy to Jim and family.

Bob & Nancy

Ernie and Clara spent a week with Claire and I in Florida a few years ago. We were motoring down Ocean boulevard in Palm Beach when a monsoon like rain came upon us. The hard boot in our ’76 Eldorado was well fastened, and we all but drowned. Ernie laughed about that every time we met. He was a nice man. We will miss him.

I did not know Ernie well, but did meet him at one of the shows, and know he was well respected. Another great Pierce friend lost, he will be missed…..condolences to his family…

I believe Tony Costa’s words say it all! Ernie was a very good friend and really cared.

We, as a Club, have lost another passionate member. May his work (restorations) and

memories, live on, for generations.

Trish and I are sad to hear of Ernie’s passing. We enjoyed all our special times with Ernie over the years. At Hershey at PAS meets and at his home. Ernie’s ever-present smile and sense of humour never failed to make your day. May he Rest In Peace.

Ernie was the first Pierce-Arrow Society member I met. He was incredibly generous with his time and advice.

The PAS events held at his home are legendary.

God Speed Ernie

Greg

I will always remember Ernie to be a friendly, kind and generous person. The world needs more like him!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.