33 Brougham for sale

Home Page Forums Buy/Sell 33 Brougham for sale

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi I’m new to the group.My stepdad bought this car in 2002 from Chicago. He completed the body, chrome, and engine/transmission and it was roadworthy. It sat in the garage for about 2010 until I recently started working on it. I worked through a few minor fixes this summer and got it running again. Its now safetied, plated and insured.

My folks are both on in years and have asked me to sell it for them. Asking $50k US or best offer. What ever is fair market value.

I have posted a for sale ad on the Emporium.

The car is now here in Orangeville, Ontario. 2 hours north of Buffalo, NY

Not sure why the picture didn’t post. see below.

Could you explain what was done on the car by your stepdad? Engine rebuilt or just cleaned up and tuned up? Transmission and clutch?

Maybe post a few more photos, of the engine bay, and the interior and dashboard ??

Nice looking car..

Greg Long

Brian,

I posted your ad on the PAS Facebook page with a note saying that any questions or inquiries be made to the address listed.

Hi Curtis, Thanks for doing that. It didn’t occur to me to check for a PAS FB page. I’ve just sent a member request.

Welcome aboard Brian…

Hi Gregory, to answer your questions..

Here’s a link to more pictures from various angles. It was in the shop so I couldn’t stand back enough and it’s a bit dusty.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zi6barfpsuhy4ch/AACdaCR8dfvddUgGNAnWJIcEa?dl=0

and a video clip of me driving it..

Here is the history that I am aware of. He bought it from the Volo museum in Illinois in Sept 2002. At the point the body was restored and painted. The interior had been redone. The engine and transmission had been rebuilt. The chrome was tarnished, incomplete and pieces missing. He had the tarnished pieces rechromed and acquired any missing pieces. So body complete including the hood ornament. He bought all six new tires around 2010.

In 2010 it went to Fawcett motors in Whitby Ontario to adjust the transmission and clutch.

Electrics he did himself but not to original design. He had the generator and carb rebuilt around 2009. I just had the fuel pump rebuilt in June.

Fuel tank was rebuilt some time in the late 2000’s. Right now its bringing in air with the gas so I have someone looking at that for me next week. Its too cold for me to tackle that myself this time of year. I know the lines are fine to as far back as I can reach on the top of the tank. It runs fine off a gas can. Also if it hasnt been running for a few weeks i have to drip some gas into the carb then it starts and runs fine. I believe there is an acceleration pump in the carb so maybe its not hooked up or working properly so I having that looked at next week with the fuel tank.

I found a lot of the receipts and import documents but not for all the work I remember he had done to it.

my stepdad was a PAS member from 2002 to 2014 and went to a few of the meet-ups. He was listed as Edward Czuchnicki in the roster.

If they put 5 miles on the car since they got it I would be surprised. Its mostly just from moving it between shops at the farm or on and off the flatbed when ever we had to send it out. It was always stored in a drywalled, insulated garage with an epoxy floor. We had a farm with lots of indoor storage space. So anytime it was driven was once to a show in the local town of Acton Ontario which the farm was on the edge of. The only other time I recall was when he wanted me to test it out so I took it down our rural road and it died about a mi from the house. My brother had to come with the pickup and a tow strap to get it back. I found it to be a fuel delivery problem. That plagued him after that and then he was in the early stages of Alziehmers so he got discouraged with it because no one wanted to take it out incase it died again. I think that was the last time it was driven which was in 2010. Just this summer I was able to spend some time on it. He had a small electric fuel pump installed back near the tank but he missed that the stock fuel pump had a perforated diaphragm so I sent it out. After that it was just the tank issue.

We do have what appears to be the original bill of sale back in 33. Some doctor traded in a ’31 Cadillac for it. So thats the story behind the car.

Anyway hope this helps as a start. Let me know what other info you need.

Brian

OK Brian, we got your links straightened out…

thanks Curtis. I took more pictures of the underside while it was up on the flatbed. They are added to the photos in that link. The gas tank issue was resolved today. My stepdad had mismatched the fuel line hose to the sender tube diameter and thats what was letting air into the fuel stream. It starts and runs fine now from the fuel tank.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.