‘32 54 Dome light

Home Page Forums Body ‘32 54 Dome light

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey folks:

I am powering through all manner of service items on my +new+ club sedan. Fixed the opera light sockets. I am a bit perplexed by the wiring for the dome light. What I am wondering is where/how the wiring is routed from the left passenger door switch to the light.

I have an inductive signal tracer and it seems that the ground wire stops above the head liner in front of the B-pillar – that’s where I lose the signal. I removed the rear door sill to access the switch. There is continuity from the switch to the hot side of the dome light, but the resistance is high – about 17 Ohms, so something is fishy there. And… there’s no continuity between the metal case of the dome light and the opera lights or ‘ground’

Thoughts? Guidance?  TIA

=Adam=

ADAM THERE IS A BUTTON AT BOTTOM OF DOOR ON FRAME CURB SIDE REAR DOOR PASSENGER WHEN CAR IS ON AND DOOR OPENED LITE GOES ON. DID WHEN I HAD THE CAR. LARRY

Can you unscrew the dome light fixture and pull it down enough to access the connections? It may be corrosion of the wire connections or the light sockets. There should be a ground wire to the fixture. There were a couple of comments a few years ago about bad connections to the dome light causing enough heat to char the top wood framing and could have easily led to a fire. If you can’t solve it it may be best to disconnect it.

I didn’t realize the the two dome light bulbs aren’t wired in parallel. The one wired to the toggle switch is working now – yay! Need to get another bulb and connect up the new battery cables to see if the rear door light works.

So much to do and so little time 🤯.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.