2020 Winter Weekend-Williamsburg Virginia

Home Page Forums General 2020 Winter Weekend-Williamsburg Virginia

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

The 2020 Winter Meet will be held in Williamsburg, Va. The dates are set for Thursday 2-27 through Sunday 3-1 at the Williamsburg Lodge. The accommodations are exceptional and our rate is set at $135. Wednesday 2-26 and Monday 3-2 are also held at this rate. The Lodge is located one block from the center of the iconic historic district of Williamsburg.

As a tentative schedule, the Thursday early bird will include a trip to a car museum, before our traditional ‘Meet and Greet’ reception in the evening. Friday, we explore Jamestown where in 1607 the first settlers arrived from Europe and Yorktown, the location of the epic ‘Washington vs. Cornwallis’ battle in 1781 that paved the way for US peace talks with the British. In one day, we can see the beginning and ending of colonial rule on the eastern seaboard. Saturday, we take a bus to the Newport Maritime Museum to have a docent presented, behind the scenes look at the actual salvaged wreck of the USS Monitor, retrieved from the sea bed off North Carolina 140+ years after sinking in a storm. The museum is adjacent to, and addresses in depth, the battle of Hampton Roads between iron clad CSS Virginia and USS Monitor in March 1862. We will also try to fit in another car collection visit. Sunday is our board meeting and evening dinner before adjourning. Those not participating in the meeting can visit Williamsburg historical sites or shop in the nearby ‘Merchant Square’.

On all days, participants can opt out of planned tours and visit the onsite restaurants and amenities that include a first-class gym, pool and SPA, or go downtown for the excellent attractions and shopping. Free shuttle service is provided from the hotel to all of Williamsburg. Meet planning is diverse and will appeal to both men and ladies.

The hotel contract is now in place and as soon as the PAS reservation code is available, we will post it. A detail schedule and registration form will be provided in the future.

Thank you and we hope to see you there! -John and Susan

Thanks John and Sue !! That sounds like a great winter meet!

Greg Long

Thanks Greg. One thing we forgot to mention is the hotel IS pet friendly!

John

Hi all…..thats the weekend before Amelia Island Concours so it will be a short drive to go down to the show the next weekend. I won’t be able to attend the meet in Virginia, bit I will arrive at Amelia on Wednesday afterwards. If anyone is in Southern Florida give me an email or ring and stop by the museum down in Palm Beach. Best to all…..and hope some of you can make the Amelia show………its fantastic!

Williamsburg Winter Weekend/Board Meeting Update:

Online Reservations at the host hotel ‘Colonial Inn Williamsburg’ can now be made at:

https://book.passkey.com/go/deed8ea7

Or Phone Reservation/Changes: 1-800-261-9530

The office is open Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. Please mention the group name ‘Pierce Arrow Society’ when calling-in.

We will soon have a detailed description and registration form posted under ‘Announcements’.

Looking forward to seeing you all in February!

John

End of Year Reminder-please make reservations soon!

The 2020 Winter Meet will be held in Williamsburg, Va. The dates are set for Thursday 2-27 through Sunday 3-1 at the Williamsburg Lodge. The accommodations are exceptional and our rate is set at $135 from the proceeding Wednesday 2-26 to following Monday 3-2.

Online Reservations at the host hotel ‘Colonial Inn Williamsburg’ can now be made at:

https://book.passkey.com/go/deed8ea7 or Phone Reservation/Changes: 1-800-261-9530 Mention Pierce Arrow Society Group Rate.

The Lodge is located one block from the center of the iconic historic district of Williamsburg. The cut off date for these excellent rates is January 27, 2020. If you do not book the hotel by then, rates will be significantly higher, if available at all.

Come enjoy the 2020 Winter Mini Meet in Williamsburg, VA with your Pierce-Arrow pals!

For those of you who have signed up for the 2020 Winter Weekend being held February 27 through March 1, thank you very much for planning to spend time with the members of our vibrant organization!

If you are contemplating joining us, or plan to attend but have not acted, there’s still 10 days left to make a hotel reservation and enjoy our negotiated PAS rate. After that however, the rooms will be released back to the hotel and my recent review on the hotel website shows rooms at $200+/night.

Make booking a room a priority and then follow up with the registration form attached!

Happy Friday and enjoy this holiday weekend.-John

Spent a week there last fall. that area is steeped in history

Update: The hotel room block/PAS rates have now expired. We have had an excellent response and about 45 participants will be attending the event in just over 3-1/2 weeks. Attendees will receive confirmation letters next week-thank you very much for planning to spend time with your fellow PAS members!

If you are still considering attending, there’s still some time. Please contact me directly via email. I can help with a few guest rooms at $135/night. Otherwise, rooms can be booked through the hotel at their current rates.

Sue and I are looking forward to hosting this event. To our guests, safe travels to Virginia.

John

Once again, Susan and I checked out the Keystone Truck and Tractor Museum, which is our early bird trip on Thursday 2-27. Members who are attending can have lunch inside the museum. The Virginia BBQ, farm raised catfish, with collard greens and beans come highly recommended.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.