1935 Pierce-Arrow Model 845

Home Page Forums General 1935 Pierce-Arrow Model 845

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Seventy two years ago today my 1935 Pierce-Arrow was purchased from the estate of the original owner at Eugene, Oregon.  I was a senior in high school at Albany, Oregon.

Congratulations, Paul!  I think you hold the current record.  Anyone else?

Paul, that’s great!  You sure beat my record of owning my ’36 for almost 55 years.  It would be fun to hear how long some other people have owned their cars!

It is a gem, a very original car! Thanks again for your help through the years, the pics I took have been very useful. I’ve had mine for only 31 years, but finally have it to the point I can move it under its own power.

The Shoberg-Oakes 1934 1248A has been in the same family since 1945.

Congratulations Paul,

Do you have any recent photos you can post here?

(Past PAS President Frank Merrell, followed by his Estate, owned our ’36 1601 for 71 years from 1939 until 2010.)

Stu

Congratulations to Paul for his foresite 72 years ago!

The all time family ownership duration for a Pierce goes to the 1909 24-T  Runabout donated to the Pierce-Arrow Museum in 2020 by Charlie Henderson. This amazing vehicle history was chronicled in the Museum’s Great Arrow News following the donation. It was purchased by his grandmother in 1909 and never left the family ownership.

…unless someone has a Motorette or Stanhope in one family ownership?

Dave

Congratulations on owning such a great automobile for so long.

My Piere has been in the same family since 1963 when my grandfather purchased the car at the urging of my dad and my uncles.

My dad and uncles all had prewar cars and they talked my grandfather into buying the Pierce so he would have a prewar car, too.

Craig:  Congratulations on the years you have owned your Pierce-Arrow.  There is a 1928 Pierce-Arrow Series 81 at the Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum (WAAAM) at Hood River, Oregon.  It had been in the same family since new, however, like the car at the Pierce-Arrwo Museum the car had passed through several hands in the family.

Craig:  Congratulations on the years you have owned your Pierce-Arrow.  There is a 1928 Pierce-Arrow Series 81 at the Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum (WAAAM) at Hood River, Oregon.  It had been in the same family since new, however, like the car at the Pierce-Arrow Museum the car had passed through several hands in the family.

Congratulations Paul! I always enjoy seeing you at the meets!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.