1932 Pierce Arrow Model 53 at Auction April 28

Home Page Forums Buy/Sell 1932 Pierce Arrow Model 53 at Auction April 28

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

1932 Pierce Arrow Model 53 12 cylinder will be auctioned on April 28 in Kokomo IN.

http://www.earlywineauctions.com/vehicles/768/1932-pierce-arrow-model-53

This car sold on Ebay in one morning-I think the ‘buy it now’ price was $20K.

Interesting car, lots of challenges for the new owner. With luck it will be a current member, or a new one.

I know our most revered experts here have said that anyone buying a V12 or an open car, unless it has a known history in the PAS, you need to have an expert give it a thorough once over.

It has an elegant look without being overwhelming like a lot of the large wheelbase cars can be.

Some day I will manage to pickup a small wheelbase Pierce that is more comfortable to drive than my beast. :)

Craig, your 143 shouldn’t be a beast. The wheelbase isn’t that long, but often 1929 Pierce cars have Gemmer steering box issues that make them hard to steer and handle. They driving another 29 or 30 with a Gemmer box for comparison, you may find you need to attend to you steering box. Ed

Gents,

The “VIN” (205002) is incomplete, but regardless trackable (likely 2050026), because the only 1932, 53 – 12-Sedans are either this one or one that belongs to Bob Sands.

I don’t believe that it is Bob’s, or it would be immaculate.

My research shows that it belonged to a Paul McFadden of Ohio (PAS member `66 to `68), and then to Richard Winger of Indiana as of 2006.

I’m just bored and doing some research.

Peter

Ed, my car drives and steers great for its size. Easy steering as long as the wheels are rolling, even slightly.

I don’t have much trouble even backing into parking spots other than the car’s overall size and very small outside mirrors.

But compared to driving my Rickenbacker or one of my uncle’s Franklins it is a substantial car and feels like it.

But I would love to drive another ’29 given the chance. :)

Did anyone follow this auction online? I’m curious if the car sold, met reserve or passed ?

Greg Long

Hammer was 22K, If my memory serves me I valued it lower than that when I was looking at it. With some effort and correct parts it will be a nice driver. Ed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.