1932 model 54 value

Home Page Forums General 1932 model 54 value

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author

Before you buy tires, post what brands you are considering and if white or black wall. It is one of the most expensive things you can do to your car. It’s best to get as much feedback as you can before you spend your money.

Ryan…….too many people just jump in and learn the hard way. You were wise to contact the people here……everyone is interested in having new members and car owners avoid all the hard lessons we got over the years. While people here may have different opinions and ways of doing things, all of them have your best interests in mind when offering help. I think you have a very nice car, much better than many people start with. It’s a very good year for driving…..my favorite for an eight. Take your time, do thing right, and in a short order you will be going down the road without any issues. Greg L and a John S are good friends of mine, for more years than any of us want to admit. Be sure to bring you family to the events, it’s a great way for you to have quality time with them. All the best, Ed

Yay Ryan! See you at Indiana!

Please, please post lots of pics of Indiana.

I am even more disappointed that my work schedule got in the way of attending the meet.

I would love to see the car in person and catch up with my Pierce Arrow family. :(

Again, congrats on acquiring the car and keeping it in the family.

Craig, sorry you can’t attend. It would great to meet you in person one day.

John

Edgar, I saw that Michelin had the top rated tire tube on Amazon. Does Michelin make a quality tube? Does my model 54 have the split wheels or the wheels with locking rings.

I can’t answer the tube question, but your car appears to have conventional drop-center wheels in the pictures. You don’t have to worry about that locking ring!

Great looking car and congratulations!

No snap rings on a 32! They are “drop Center” wheels, much easier to deal with. Michelin makes great tubes, just bought 6 of them at 55 dollars each, do NOT use the 7 or 12 dollar tubes. You need tubes with an off set stem. Ask Greg which ones he uses, its been ten years since I have done a 32 18 inch tire. Feel free to email or call me anytime. I have owned three 1932 series 54 cars and put thousands of miles on them. Your lucky to be near a great bunch of PAS people who are helpful. Greg is a great guy, and highly skilled. You won’t be on this great adventure alone….unless you choose to be. You are going to ask yourself what took me so long to buy a Pierce!

Ryan……..Everyone calls me Ed, or some other words not fit to print here in public!

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.