1930 Model A 7 Pass. ex Syd Harris?

Home Page Forums General 1930 Model A 7 Pass. ex Syd Harris?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

A fellow who met me at some time is seeking info re: abovementioned car. Vault Cars has it for sale. Can anyone give me data on it? Did Eric Rosenau really restore this car? Any info pls, just trying to help out a new Pierce hobbyist

It’s a very nice car………..I would own it. And the price is very fair.

Tony this is Syd. I have owned the car since 2007. I purchased it from the family of the previous owner. The car was 85% through a restoration project and had been delivered to an upholstery shop after Eric had done the engine work. It had been in the upholstery shop for 8 years and mostly forgotten when I came across it. Paint and interior was in great shape and the overall appearance and operation was in good shape put it needed to be finished. Along with Ernie Follis’ assistance we completed the restoration. Since owning the car I have completed the restoration to be a very nice driver car. It has finish first in it’s class at the annual PAS met and has also finished first in its class at a CCCA event and has it’s primary badge.

Along with Ernie Follis I completed the necessary details to complete the project and bring it to it’s current condition. The list is long but some of the items include fabricated all of the interior wood, installed new running boards, installed new horns, installing new tires and tubes, rebuilt the shocks, obtained and installed side mounts with new hardware, refinished bright work, replaced water jacket, fabricated new door pulls for passenger cab, overhauled the brakes and installed new liners, installed clock in the drivers compartment as well as in the passengers cab, installing new points and condensers, and installed window curtains to mention a few of the improvements. This is not a complete list but represents what was needed to get the Pierce to where it is today. .

It might also be worth noting that this car has been garaged in SoCal since I owned it.

I am not sure it the original was posted so I have riposted it.

Tony this is Syd. I have owned the car since 2007. I purchased it from the family of the previous owner. The car was 85% through a restoration project and had been delivered to an upholstery shop after Eric had done the engine work. It had been in the upholstery shop for 8 years and mostly forgotten when I came across it. Paint and interior was in great shape and the overall appearance and operation was in good shape put it needed to be finished. Along with Ernie Follis’ assistance we completed the restoration. Since owning the car I have completed the restoration to be a very nice driver car. It has finish first in it’s class at the annual PAS met and has also finished first in its class at a CCCA event and has it’s primary badge.

Along with Ernie Follis I completed the necessary details to complete the project and bring it to it’s current condition. The list is long but some of the items include fabricated all of the interior wood, installed new running boards, installed new horns, installing new tires and tubes, rebuilt the shocks, obtained and installed side mounts with new hardware, refinished bright work, replaced water jacket, fabricated new door pulls for passenger cab, overhauled the brakes and installed new liners, installed clock in the drivers compartment as well as in the passengers cab, installing new points and condensers, and installed window curtains to mention a few of the improvements. This is not a complete list but represents what was needed to get the Pierce to where it is today. .

It might also be worth noting that this car has been garaged in SoCal since I owned it.

Thanks Syd. The fellow tells me he is going to purchase the car. I will update.

Sys’s car also has Phil Hill 3.55:1 high speed gears.. So it’s a good road car as well.

Most 7 passenger, long wheelbase 1930 Model A cars had 4.42 or 4.56:1 gears. and they were not happy above about 50-55mph.

This car will be happy at 55-65mph..

Greg Long

I’m quite sure anyone who buys it will be happy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.