1930 b model limo

Home Page Forums Buy/Sell 1930 b model limo

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

howdy i was looking at a 1930 b limo 8 cylinder and was wandering how common they were? its in a lot of pieces but i think its all there just like those toys you buy some assembly required .thanks

You can go to the identification guide under tools in the menu. Enter in 2500001 for VIN and the production numbers will pop up. The highest reported body code reported for the limo is 139-L-267, indicating at least 267 were made.

They are very nice cars. If it’s all apart, beware of missing parts. Small items are hard to find and add up fast. Today a barn find car or a lost intrest restoration is properly called a parts car. I don’t want to dump on anyone’s car in particular, but be careful on what you spend. There are some very nice cars available for pennies on the dollar when it comes to restoration costs.

I’ll add a huge exclamation point to Ed’s comments.

Anyone can rebuild an engine, or have it rebuilt, the same with a transmission, or a differential, the king pins, springs etc..

But to find or make the ‘xxy’ left side, inverted painted, not plated widget for the trim on just the EDL’s.. well it’s just about impossible.. so you have to make the missing part, if you can figure out what it looks like..

Do your best to put all the parts into groups and mentally assemble the pieces so if you are obviously missing some parts you will know to keep looking for another box of parts for the car..

Greg Long

I have a 1934 836a when I got it had trees growing out of it not mutch there is pieced it together with whatever I could find took me about 9 months to put it together needless to say it’s not all peirce arrow tried to drive it to Alaska in July had trany problems and had to make the turn back up by glacier Montana but still drove it over 5200 miles I think people thought we where from a different planet. Thanksgiving weekend drove it to Daytona for the turkey rod run have to say out of 10 thousand cars I was the only Pierce arrow there?

That’s a great story of bringing one back, Eric. Do you have any photos you can post of “Before”, “After”, and maybe some of the car on your travels?

I like to drive, but that is a serious road trip in a Pierce Arrow!

Well it’s not all Pierce arrow I have a 5.9 Cummings out of a1996 dodge pick up wiring harness steering column trany rear end front frame from the a arm’s forward from the Dodge truck front feeders from 1937 ford truck head lights from a 1937 Buick the 1957 Chrysler donated front/rear bumper tail light extensions and gas tank cap 30 gallon tank from a Chevy suburban couldn’t have made one that fit so good and a gear vendors overdrive until getting around 30 miles to gallon at 75 mp 1800 rpm it really cruise nice

i will send some photos Tony&Pat

Isn’t there another diesel powered Pierce out there? I think I saw one aat one of the meets years ago….

Ernie Follis has a ’30 sedan with Cummins power, has towed a pierce with a pierce a few times.. .

Greg

Here is some pictures once I figure out how to send the before shots I will do so .

I’m still trying to get this right if possible.

Why does the song ‘One piece at a time” keep going thru my head?…lol…”

Great pics, thanks Eric. Love the “sparrow-strainer”” tail lights!”

Eric,

How did you rig the brakes without the power brake unit behind the

transmission? Different axles, juice brakes? Any stock parts lying around?

Tony

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.