1031 Series 43 Engine Mounts

Home Page Forums Chassis 1031 Series 43 Engine Mounts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

As I continue to investigate this Car, I removed the rear engine to frame mount on the passenger side. Although the front of the engine is rigidly mounted to the frame, the rear connects to the fram with a pressed steel bracked mounted rigidly to the horn on either side of the clutch-flywheel housing. These brackets in turn bolt to the frame with 4 boult and with round rubber isolators. The bottom rubber is one piece and is molded at a 90 degree angle to sit inside the frame angle on the bottom. See photo. Is there a known source for replacement rubbers?

Yes……Ford V-8 rubbers from the Ford guys…..and the good news is they are cheap!

I understood this to be the case, but when I got into my car, the parts I found are different from the Ford flathead parts. I have a ziploc bag of round rubbers labeled 1931 Pierce 8 but there is no way the parts inside will fit my Car.

How about sheet or strip oil resistant rubber from McMaster-Carr, and then fashion your own?

I got mine from Chassis Engineering, Inc. They fit my car but I did not have to use the metal cup washers supplied.

Thanks, I will check there!

Or, you can always find some rubber mud flaps that are the same thickness and see if you can cut some pieces from that.

I know mud flaps worked great for the rubber portions under the radiator mounts when we removed the radiator.

Update: I have cleaned the mount up via glass bead blast; the rubber parts are a little more elaborate than I first thought.

They have typical features of a vibration isolation mount.

I was anle to read a number on one of the parts: 158449. Another number (18) is I think maybe a mold number.

The steel bracked, post-clean:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.