Back to the cam bearings.
I made this tool on my lathe out of aluminum. The cam bearings get progressively smaller, so I started with the front hole in the empty block and machined the drift to fit the bare hole with a shoulder at the top. Then I measured the id of the bearing and made a step so the drift just fit the id of the bearing, had a shoulder to sit on the rim of the bearing but would clear the block as the bearing was pushed out.
I center drilled it so I could use an all thread rod to pull it in, just in case I had problems driving them in.
Once out I inspected degreased and ultrasonically cleaned the shell. They are numbered and are of the split ring type and were in great shape.
I used the same tool to reinsert them in the new block. Once one was in I repeated the measure and machining process to fit the next (smaller) hole.
5 down and 1 to go but I have to flip the block to get at the rear bearing and plug. Since the cam is thru drilled, bearings 2 thru 5 have no oil holes so there are no alignment issues.